If you want your subscribers to look forward to your emails, you should consider behaving more like a friend. You know, like, and trust your friends … right? Try toning down that corporate look, and create a more minimalist email design. Write in a conversational, respectful voice.
Follow these 5 magnificent tips for friendly, eagerly anticipated emails:
- Stop talking about your list. Stop talking about subscribers. Write as if you’re emailing one person only. It instantly makes your emails more personal.
- Quit wasting people’s time. Only email when you have something truly valuable or helpful to say.
- Be useful. Don’t just email when you need something from your readers. Be helpful. Be generous. Be friendly. Be like real friend.
- Don’t be creepy. Feel free to personalize emails, but don’t repeat people’s name too often, because it makes you sound like a call center script.
- Give people a reward for reading. Make sure people benefit from reading your emails. How? Share a useful tip. Make them feel better. Inspire them.
Have a great day, y'all!